Turkey is a tender, juicy, lean and low calorie white meat that’s very high in protein. In fact it’s higher in protein than chicken! Turning some lean minced turkey into delicious meatball-bites is an excellent way to ensue you have a healthy and satisfying snack between meals readily available. Or it’s an excellent base for a healthy salad or diner with broccoli and sweet potato to be built around it!
Makes 5 Servings.
Each serving ~180 Calories
100g fresh spinach
400g ground turkey
1 large egg
40g quick oats
2 finely chopped onions
1 tbsp garlic also finely chopped
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp NuStevia
1. Preheat oven 200 C.
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onions for about 5 minutes until golden.
2. Chop fresh spinach and add to skillet. Cook until spinach is tender.
3. Set aside cooked vegetables to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients: turkey meat, egg, oats, parsley, oregano, pepper flakes, NuStevia, salt and black pepper.
5. Add cooled cooked vegetables and mix thoroughly.
6. Lightly coat baking dish with cooking spray.
7. Scoop turkey mixture and shape into small balls; place into baking dish and lightly spay with cooking oil.
8. Bake meatballs uncovered for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through; turning after 10 minutes of baking if necessary.